Saturday, March 13, 2010

Seeing Green And A Visit To The Yarn Store!

Today was the annual dying of the Chicago River for St. Patrick's Day. For some reason, I've lived here for almost 3 years and never bothered to make the trip downtown for the parade and/or to see the river looking greener than usual. Well, today for some reason despite how completely gross the weather was (rainy and cold) I made the trek to finally check it out in person. The result? In my opinion, not nearly as glittering emerald as they make it look on television...still worth a look just to see it but it looked like that green GAK stuff my brother used to play with as a kid (remember that stuff?). Anyway, here's a picture of me and the day-glo green river.

Photobucket
(Photo by Rebecca Liedke)

Also made a trip to the yarn store to finally pick up some yarn for some fingerless mittens I promised to make an acquaintance of mine - it's made by a local yarn company in Chicago so the name of the yarns are mostly neighborhoods in the city. This one is Lakeview, my neighborhood! Can't wait to work with it :D

Photobucket

No comments: